Technologies have unravelled a world of opportunities for us to explore. Nevertheless, we now need to be more steadfast and alert simultaneously about the events around us. The modern world is fast-paced and demanding. To stay ahead of others, to be able to take advantage of the right opportunities at the right time, and make more informed decisions, we must always be aware of what’s going on around us. Awareness of the happenings around us makes us confident and intelligent and allows us to communicate more effectively.
Moreover, mastering general affairs is crucial to crack most competitive exams like UPSC. However, we hardly have any time for our basic chores and bond with our loved ones in our fast-paced lives. Moreover, students preparing for competitive exams have to study for over 18 hours every day, making it impossible to have a social life and stay updated with the world around them.
Additionally, many people find it challenging to keep up with all the news and updates, and they struggle to form opinions based on accurate facts and events. Are you one of those who grapple with the same issues? Does it make it difficult for you to speak eloquently in public, and do you feel you lag behind others?
Here are some easy ways to keep track of all the prominent news and current affairs worldwide:
- Surf through social media- We can know online daily updates on technology, entertainment, jobs, business, etc., by surfing through social media. Social media platforms provide you with the news and people’s reactions, and the after-effects related to any event. Additionally, you can keep yourself entertained by scrolling through memes and jokes about many recent events.
- News Apps- A smart news app is a very effective platform to know everything about the world, including different opinions and reactions.
- Informative books- If any topic interests you, you can get a deep insight about it through books.
- Watch Television- There are exciting debates held on television news programs. Television is a great way to watch experts from different fields interact and share their opinions. Many news channels excitingly display the latest news. You get many options, and there are various programs related to entertainment, quizzes, interviews, debates, etc.
- Join Community- You can participate in different communities and socialise with like-minded people on platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and more. These sites are fascinating, captivating, and fun.
- Read Newspapers- Turning the pages of a newspaper daily to browse through all the major latest headlines lightly can be a great idea. This way, you will familiarise yourself with all the significant happenings.
- Play Quizzes- Many fun quizzes can evaluate and assess your progress. Constantly playing them increases your IQ, presence of mind, and skill.
- Take Notes- To make the vital information prolong in your memory, take notes. Going through your notes helps you remember all the essential news and can be a great idea if you intend to appear for competitive exams.